Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Yanks have done it again!

Once again the New York Yankees have proven they are the true thugs of baseball. Last night, a brawl broke out between the Yanks and Jays that cleared the benches, not once, but TWICE! Caused in no small part by A-Rod getting hit by a pitch, then Clemens going after a Blue Jays hitter later in the game.

HELLO!!! It's baseball!! What do think is going to happen when a guy is throwing a 90 mile/hr fastball toward you. Sometimes, you're going to get hit! It's a chance every ball player faces throughout their career from little league, on up to the Majors. DEAL WITH IT!!!

Man-up A-Rod! So you got hit, take your base like a man instead of whining and having words with the pitcher. I played ball for over 10 years, and I have been beaned plenty of times. Often in my mid/late-teens by pitchers throwing low-to-mid 80's. Yeah, it's no picnic...but you get a base out of it. Suck it up, and play the game!!

Clemens...yeah, he was protecting his "own." How'd that work out for him? Oh yeah, he got tossed. That made a lot of sense then didn't it?

What happened to the days when professional athletes were supposed to be role-models? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

2 comments:

Justin said...

Well first off the Jays and Yanks have had this lil' fued going on for sometime now..Next, A-Rod was thrown at the first game of that series and then was hit in the second game his first at bat..So I dont think it just slipped!..And for Clemens hitting Rios..Hey thats baseball and Clemens is old school, so it was only a matter of time before he hit somone..Im glad he hit him and I wish they would have fought.

mmaier2112 said...

SCREW THE YANKEES!

I'm gonna say this WAYYYY more than "Shane is wrong". And I really cannot decide which is more fun.

Okay, I lied. "Shane is wrong" is tons more fun to say.

But this is a distant 2nd.

T: I linked to ya, BTW. Hope you like my nick for your blog.

Most don't.